November 28, 2010

pine cones and twigs

We took a little trip to apple hill over the weekend and helped (actually watched-actually sat in the car and waited) as some relatives chopped down their christmas trees. It was FREEZING. It rained/snowed! Which was really beautiful.  Although that is not our tradition, we went along since I really wanted to get some pine cones, but with all the snow on the ground it was pretty much impossible.  I did manage to carry a couple that my brother in-law knocked off the tree in my frozen little hands with hopes to recreate this beautiful wreath that the talented Emily Thompson makes.
It would look lovely in our stair hallway. We hung up our stockings today too. I am looking forward to putting little "christmas" decorations up here and there.

Have you listened to christmas music yet? Does Sleigh Bells count?

2 comments: